Saturday, October 02, 2004

So many goodbyes!!!

Aghhh... another family handed her resignation yesterday!!! Over the past few months there have just been so many resignations and it is so hard getting a replacement! Helen has a certain criteria for choosing a new family... she or he should possess the "it" factor! You know.. the feeling that you belong!

ME... I am not really worried about the work though the backlog is a little bit concern for alarm! In the work front, I no longer subscribe to the idea that nobody is irreplaceable...

I used to believe I was irreplaceable (Hehehe...what can I say... I am a Filipino and one of my foreign friends noted that a Filipino is "egotistical".. of course he says it with a big smile! actually I would say it is more "Bilib sa sarili" or belief in ones ability!)... I used to stay in the office late...even working on Saturdays and bringing home works!!! Well until I got sick -- well actually not really sick but a bungled up operation in 1999 had me in and out of the hospital for more than 3 months... grrrr!!! That meant that for the first time in my life with the company I was gone a long time! I was worried how the people would do while I was gone...how they would survive without me!!! (can you see me "EMOTE"??? hehehe) but I was wrong.. they were fine... okay there were backlogs.. but the rest were doing fine!

Ouch..Ouch..Ouch my ego said:-)! But it was temporary.. it was a good thing for it made me realize to focus on other aspects of life :-) plus I did go on longer vacations!

Anyway... when Bong resigned to go to the US... he said that leaving the audit family was a more painful decision than leaving the company... leaving the company only meant a career move... moving on for greener pastures... but leaving the audit family, the family he had for 18 years.. that was another matter!

He is right! There will be other auditors to do his work... but no other auditor could actually take his place in our hearts! It is clearly etched there!!!

The same goes for the others... the mark is there...deeper for those who have stayed longer! And no amount of surgery or cosmetics could erase such mark!!!

So it is never really a goodbye, right??? I think a Bon Voyage would be more appropriate... A good journey!

And I hope that the light of our friendship... our oneness... will keep each safe on our journey through life!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home